Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Weekend and Update

This weekend was GREAT!! Saturday was the best day ever. First, I got up and went to kendo. Which was pretty difficult since we're getting ready for our tournament in November. All the sensei are pushing us really hard! Wheee...

Then in the afternoon I took it easy and watched the opening game of the World Series. Was sad... I've become an Astros fan thanks to Lauren. Thank goodness the series moves to Houston now. :-)

After that I headed to Waikiki to meet up with some friends from one of my classes. Jiyon and I had talked about getting people together for awhile... and it was finally happening. It only ended up being Jiyon, Kenzo, Doug and me... but that was perfect. First we went out for yaki-niku (Korean barbeque in other places) at a place called Gyu-kaku (Lauren I missed you!!!). It was great. We had some beer... had lots of meat and had a great time. Then, we moved across the street to the karaoke boxes!!! Heehee... that's right. I went and did karaoke Japanese style. Oh man!! It was so much fun. Everybody could sing and we alll sang some really good/funny songs. And I busted out some Japanese songs even. Yay Ulfuls!!! ;-)

Then at around 1 (we didn't even realize how late it was!) we hiked back to Doug's car (a BMW!!) and he gave us all a lift home. Yay!!! Was SUCH a great night.... lifted my spirits entirely.

Now there has been some interest in the drama in my life as of late.... here it is...

When I arrived in Hawaii, I met a guy called Hikaru. He is originally from Sendai (which is really near to where I used to live in Japan) and so we just hit it off. We'd go out to dinner, talk about school, missing Japan, etc. He always managed to calm me down when I was super stressed out (usually about Japanese!!). We were just good friends. Well, I kind of started liking him at some point, but was never going to act on it because we were good friends and I didn't want to ruin it. Well... a few weeks back, he made the first move. But apparently he's still hung up on his old girlfriend. That's as much as he told me in the one email I've gotten from him in the last 2 1/2 weeks. For my part, I reassured him that being friends is fine... but apparently he can't do that. The drama is mostly on my end... I can't figure out how a person I called a friend could actually just decide to NOT be someone's friend anymore. So basically I've lost a really good friend and I was pretty upset about it. Now... I've just given up. I can't do anymore to "persuade" him that I want to be friends.

You may be disappointed by the "drama" but that's it. :-)

Hope you have a good monday!!

4 comments:

Em said...

Boo Astros. Go white sox (not the cubs, but I gotta support Chi-town)!!

Sounds like he likes you but he just doesn't want to be over the ex. Figures if he can't have you (due to personal conflicts within himself) it will just be too tormenting to be around you as a friend for fear of not being able to resist the urge to grab you and kiss you passionately.

Anonymous said...

Where is the ex? Sendai? Forget about her already.

J-boys and their fucken dramas! I mean, really!

Anonymous said...

I just caught up on the blog, I can't believe you had GYU KAKU without me! I miss you tons! -Lauren

Anonymous said...

I notice one very different aspect of your posts than mine. You need more visuals! They don't need to be digital photos, but at least throw up some kind of clip art off Google Images or something.

Of course, digital photos would be nice!