Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Cute things abut Japan...

One of the endearing things about Japanese gas stations (yes, I called gas stations endearing...) is that the little attendants who pump your gas (there are some self service stations, but I really don't like them...) stand in the middle of the road, sometimes stopping traffic, to make sure that you can safely continue on your merry way.

Well, today, I was making my way home from the grocery store right about the time my students were getting out of their after-school sports/clubs. I was tooly-ing down the road when I was stopped by the friendly gas station attendants... who, instead of helping their customer, were helping my kids get safely across the busy street near my house! How cute is that? That's not part of their job, but they did it anyway! Plus, they bowed and yoroshiku-onegaishimasu-ed a ton as well.

I LOVE JAPAN!

Oh... and later when I was eating... I talked to some of my kids... they're all starting to catch on that I'm leaving in August. This one boy says to me "when are you coming back?" Not "are you coming back?" not "will you be coming back?" but "WHEN are you coming back?" That left me with a warm fuzzy feeling as well. :-)

Hope your day's great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wanna know when im comming back as well...hope you have a good day sis

Anonymous said...

"there are some self service stations, but I really don't like them..."

I have no comment. :-p

...except that I see how Starbucks has affected you :-p