Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Taikai - Day 2 and 3

So... the sports tournament was GREAT!! :-) Day 2 ended wonderfully...

I started the day watching my Tachikawa baseball team CREAM Lauren's baseball team (7-0, was called at the end of the 5th inning!). Bad for her team... but man, I loved watching those boys win by SO much. Then I watched a little bit of basketball... my Amarume boys were being beaten badly... so I went to kendo!

My Tachikawa girls won the tournament... and my Amarume boys took second to Lauren's boys. I didn't mind too much because my boys seriously weren't as strong as Fujishima. But they came REALLY close! Which made me super proud... especially of Saito Ken and Kitagawa Daichi... they both won their matches. :-) Plus, they're just nice kids! After the kendo, I headed to the track. Where I saw a bunch of my old students... met Lauren's old student council president (Takamine... freaked him out too, cuz I knew who he was!!)... and cheered for my kids.

There were 4 relays: the amateur and the pros! ;-) My girls took second in both. And my boys... they took first in both. I've never been more nervous for a 4x100m relay than I was before my pros ran! Toshiki, Daisuke, Shunsuke, and Koya... I was SO nervous for them!! I love those boys... so, it was crazy to watch... but they were AWESOME and tore up the track!! :-)

After that I watched my Amarume baseball team (who won their first game in a HUGE surprise win!!) lose to a Tsuruoka school.

Day 3 - BASEBALL!!

I watched the morning game for Tachikawa... they beat the team 1-0. It wasn't as close as the score would look... the kids had everything under control.

Then there was a couple hour gap before the championship game... so I went to the S-mall. Where I met my Chinese brother!! Ryusuke was there... I LOVE that kid! He can come live with me in Hawaii anytime. He rocks!! Then I met Lauren for lunch at Jusco before heading back for the 2 o'clock baseball game.

I got there and the game had already started!! BOOO!! Was so annoyed... but we were already a couple points up. It was awesome. Our pitcher didn't crack once... he got tired and threw a few more balls, but didn't crack. Katsuya, the center fielder, made the most beautiful catch I've ever seen! It was AWESOME. He also got named for the play of the game with that one. It was made on the final out as well.

HAIL the conquering heroes!! Onward and upward to the ken-taikai (all-state sports tourney)!!

No comments: