Monday, June 06, 2005

Rockin' Good Times!

This weekend was great! Saturday I did some sports spectating... as I had kendo AND gymnastics to watch it was quite fun. (Though I did the Tsuruoka to Sakata shuffle! Eeek!) My kids were doing really well and I found out one of my old students was top 8 in the ken for kendo!! GO YUSUKE!!

After all the sports, Lauren and I headed to Sendai to have a night out. We started off with Indian curry... which we scarfed to avoid missing meeting up with friends! (Shouldn't have scarfed! But it was still good!) We met up with Raf and Andres and a collection of their friends to attend a birthday party. (We always seem to crash b-day parties when we're with those two!) Anyway... off we went to an izakaya... for all you can drink and eat (though since we were stuffed we just drank!). The highlight of that bit was the spontaneous karaoke session... we ended up singing the Backstreet Boys I want it that way... I can't explain the joy from that! There was no music, no mics... just a bunch of random people belting out the lyrics!! CLASSIC!

Then we headed out to Bar Isn't It? Lauren and I had made an earlier, pinky-swearing pact... and I'm pleased to report that the pact was fulfilled (for more info on the pact... just ask!). We danced and enjoyed ourselves... until about 3am... then we decided to enjoy ourselves right home for an uninterrupted 4 hours of sleep!! Haha...

Yesterday in Sendai, we had our hang-over cure lunch (without hash-browns we seem to make due with french fries A LOT!) and headed home.

I had dinner in Yuza... and managed (through no fault of my own) to get beer spilled ALL over me (thank you, Alex!) and finished off the meal in borrowed clothes. Fun fun... but had an AMAZING (as usual) dinner at Oi-san's before rolling into ed for a solid 8 hours of sleep.

Hope your weekend adventures were great! I'm outta stories!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooh.. I forgot about the dinner on Sunday night.. I want more details on that one!!! and I had also almost forgotten about our karoke backstreet... thank goodness for your blog! :) -L