Monday, July 11, 2005

BEST DAY!!

So... yesterday was my last dance day in Yuza. There was a big festival in Yuza yesterday. It was indoors since it was pissing it down all day. That was SO much fun. But the real fun began at the after-party.

HOLY COW!! Japanese people are NUTS!!! We kicked things off at about 6... and as people got increasingly drunk... things got more and more interesting. Things that happened: one of the visiting team members is studying English at University... so when it was my turn to talk they made him translate (poor guy), the men (and a couple women) carried a guy on their shoulders... just like what they do in festivals with huge portable shrines (mikoshi!), they did the Matsu-Ken samba (a dance craze that has swept this nation...), and everytime someone was introduced or had to speak a huge chorus of "hey, hey, hey!" (think of when you try to get someone to chug a beer). CRAZY fun!!

They also almost made me cry because they made me do a "thank you" speech. That was hard... lucky for me... they said that I could speak in English... which for some reason makes it a lot easier for me to hold things together. Go figure!?!

Anyway... yesterday was really great! I hope you had a great day too!

No comments: