Monday, July 11, 2005

How many times...

can one person cry in a day?? Let me answer that one... 5 times!! And that's not continuous... that's starting up again after stopping. Impressive, I know. ;-) Each time I thought maybe I'd be able to make it through the whole goodbye process without crying... and of course was proven wrong.

The last class was the worst... 3-4 (3 year, 4th class). Two of my taiso (gymnastics) "brothers" are in that class along with my baseball brother! And Ken my kendo mentor... if I ever get to be as good as Ken is now... I'll be happy. :-) Needless to say... I got choked up just walking to class... let alone having to tell them goodbye. And, if you could see me now... you'd see that I'm all choked up again. MAN I hate goodbyes!!

I've finally figured out why things are SO much more difficult with leaving Japan... after a series of conversations with Lauren we've come to the conclusion that the reason leaving Japan is SO hard is the fact that we're probably saying our final goodbyes to a lot of these people. We may never see them or hear from them again... which is super sad.

So there you have it... sorry that this was the dissertation on sadness about leaving Japan... will try to be more cheery in my next post!

1 comment:

Em said...

Bummer, 'lish. Sorry you had a such a boo-hoo day. Good news is, you've been writing a posting pictures religiously, so it's like your very own online scrapbook that you can look back on any time. Life goes on, you just have to go with it. Love you.