Friday, December 10, 2004

BIG FAT LIAR!

So, after re-reading my post from this morning... I realized I'm SUCH a liar. I have some good/funny stories to tell... I was just too sleepy this morning to think. :-)

First off... on Wednesday I got to cook with my special kids at Tachikawa. There's only three of them... and we were doing no-bake cookies. You know the kind that are made with oatmeal, peanut butter and cocoa powder? Yeah those ones. Well... we got it all mixed up (Yasue is awesome at mixing!!) and had to put the stuff on WAX paper. Hmmmm... who forgot the wax paper? Oh, me! Don't know how I managed that, but I did. So we put it on this other stuff... not wax paper... and they wanted to stick. The only way we got them off was to practically PRY them off with a spatula. BUT the saving grace was that they tasted AMAZING! Yay!!

Then there was last night. Lauren organized the orphanage visit (there's an orphanage that we've gone to every year since I've been in Japan! I organized last year...). And we decided to do Christmas cookie decorating again this year. Which meant making the cookies, frosting and decorations all beforehand. As Lauren is BRILLIANT, she thought to invite her 3rd year girls (about 5-6 of them). Thank goodness she did! We made well over 300 cookies to feed and allow little kids to eat and decorate. Heehee... sugar them up. But the night wasn't interesting because of what we were doing... rather, it was interesting because of what we were talking about.

Girls will be girls... and we managed to gossip even with the language barrier. It was really good! And of course in the first five minutes the infamous/famous question came up... kareshi iru?? (do you have a boyfriend?) And for once, I got to answer... yes!! I got teased a bit... and Lauren's student asked how he is ('he' being Mike)... and Lauren made me really happy... and said he was awesome that he's a really great guy. Which just made me pleased as punch, it's one thing to know that's the case... but it's even better to hear one of your best friends reiterate it! :-) Thanks Lauren!!

And today... after teaching 4 classes this morning (and being absolutely wrecked) I decided to run in the awesome weather we're having. Did 7 x 2'-1' and was done in about 30min. GREAT feeling and now the endorphins are properly flowing! Gotta love that. ;-)

So there's the stories... my life hasn't been as boring as I try to describe it, it's actually been a great week!!

1 comment:

Em said...

no back cookies? ha ha! baby got back! baby got NO back! cookies got no back! sorry, end of the semester ... i'm getting a bit punchy. and also ... you made a typo, so i made ... fun of you. ha ha! miss you, 'lish!