Wednesday, December 15, 2004

ROCKIN' GOOD TIMES!

Yesterday was AWESOME!!! Really it was... some things could have been better, but whatever... it's life.

I taught 5 classes (yes, count them - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5!). I was busier than a REAL teacher. Heehee... yes, I was just teaching Christmas lessons, but it was still a blast. That AND I got to teach with one of my FAVE elementary school teachers. Hanaoka-sensei ROCKS!! He's absolutely one of the coolest/nicest Japanese guys ever. First off, he's enormous, about 6'3" or so... which means everything in his classroom is normal size (the little podium I put my stuff on for instance!). Also, his class LOVES him. Every class he's ever had has been that way, so it's not just a fluke. Which means that all he has to say to get them to calm down is "shhh, listen" and they do!! So, that made for a great day! :-)

THEN... I went for an awesome run. Went about an hour and got in between 7 and 8 miles. It rocked!! Just went and kept up a good pace, it's been awhile since I did that. It felt really good. But MAN was it cold. Aw, well... I came home and laid down on my heated carpet and felt pretty good. :-)

And to top it all off... I went to kendo... and had an AWESOME practice. Getting things in order is so much fun. Basically, I'm learning all the skills I knew before, but with a lot more speed. And I got drilled on "doh" hits (chest protector) yesterday. It was fun, but I really didn't know what I was doing at the beginning at all. Wajima-sensei just kept making me do it! And I finally started getting it! Heehee... I'm a bit slow sometimes. :-)

GREAT day yesterday!!

AND today... I leave for Tokyo. Yup! I'll be leaving for New Zealand in the morning. Can't wait!!! WARMTH.... SUN... HEAT... They're all MINE!!! Hahahahaha... ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's hot in Australia so I hope the weather is good in New Zealand!