Thursday, May 12, 2005

best and worst

Yesterday I had the best afternoon... after running with my kendo first years for about 45 minutes... I decided to go "watch" the soccer kids for awhile... well, I ended up crashing practice. Man... was it ever fun!! I want to be an assistant coach... pretty please. Great time.

Today I had some really sad news. For the last few years, my fave kid from the 2nd elementary school area has been Inoue Retsu. He's such a cutie! I just love this kid. And I went looking for him Tuesday... and the kids said he wasn't there. I just thought he was absent... until today. The kids told me he's not here... because he's moved. His dad's a police officer and he got moved in April. It was all I could do to keep from crying in the middle of school, surrounded by 20-25 little kids. I had to stare at the ceiling and take deep breaths just to keep from crying. The goodbyes have begun... only I never got to say mine.

There's my best and worst for this week.

No comments: