Saturday, May 28, 2005

The Great Debate!

"We're thinking of getting pink hats," said the track captain at my junior high... this one statement sparked the great debate!

That day I tried to convince the guys (yes, you heard right - the boys!) that pink was a weak color... remember pink = fluffy bunnies, rainbows and unicorns...

Well, yesterday, the debate raged on... So, instead of me trying to convince the boys that pink is weak... we went for the polling method... all teachers and students (particularly boys) were subjected to the question "好きな色は何ですか?" (what color do you like?) and then "ピンクは好きですか?" (do you like pink?) It was great... the more I asked boys, the more weird "Of course I don't like pink" faces I got!! Until after about 10 minutes... when I asked the Assistant Kendo Captain... and Ken responded with a resounding "NO!!"

I wheeled around and yelled "ピンク負けた!!" Meaning... pink loses!! Which was still greeted with some objections... but HOLY COW was it funny!!

Anyway... it's been settled officially... but watch... I'll be harassed about pink again this coming week!!

No comments: